Thursday, February 26, 2009

Simple frames

If you've ever framed a lot of artwork, you know how quickly the expense can add up! I build my own frames to save big time. I begin with small backing boards so that I will have a surface to nail quarter inch thick slats around the artwork. Thanks goodness for power screw drivers!
I use elmer's glue to hold the masonite panels on the backing boards.
And a few small wire brads to hold the panels in place while the glue dries.
Below the slats are in place making a simple frame.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great looking frames and economical, too. Did you learn how to make these from Sam Thomas? He's the one that showed me.

B. vera said...

Thank you, Paul I have an idea which kind of frames you use in your paintings now, but It will wonderful if you make a video on you tube to see more details, thanks a lot.