Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gearing up for two shows!

I'm committed to two shows soon - the Athens ARTSfest is the first weekend in May and "First Friday" this June in Williamsport, PA at Trimtex. I will be using some of Trimtex's products to make textures in my paintings. Former art student teacher Kristina Snook-Kohr helps manage the store and provided me with the materials. Kristina is the one responsible for getting me the store's space for the June event.
Last weekend I cut out a number of different sizes from my stock of masonite.
I had to sand all the edges and prime the boards in stages because my drying space isn't large enough to handle the number of pieces cut out.
I'm trying to organize my work table in the background. I have repainted it and now I must situatate all my "texture makers." I am anxious to get started with the plastering.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see these paintings online and in person. See you at the Artsfest -- I reserved my table and told them to seat me next to that Bozzo character.