Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Grand Canyon Photo Club

Last summer I decided to join the Grand Canyon Photo Club in Wellsboro. I have taken photos for many years. Now, with a good digital camera, I take hundreds of photos each year. When I discovered how many professional (5) photographers and friends and acquaintances were in the club, I joined. We meet at the Gmeiner Museum. I have learned much from the programs and from the critiques. For each meeting, we email one photo to be critiqued by the group. The crappie above fit into the category of "things with eyes." For a large group show "Reflections of Wellsboro" I photographed the tracks on the north edge of town. The exhibit is at the Gmeiner and opens March 2, 2008 at 2 pm.
Below, I attempted to arrange my junque that I use to make my textured paintings.
I spent a year photographing the St. James church here in Mansfield so that a seasonal calendar could be printed and sold as a fund raiser. I modified this photograph to fit into the "black & white" category for a critique.
When we had to submit a photo depicting "our favorite thing," I captured my boat in the early evening sunlight - a great time to go fishing!

No comments: